Friday, 18 January 2013

Being the next Tim Burton.

For the past few days I've been doing a lot of doodles during my lessons and it was only on Thursday I started to draw a face in the style of Tim Burton on my work. I was so happy about it until I realized that it was on my work that I was doing in the lesson and I wouldn't be able to finish it. Today me and my friends went to their art room for lunch because it was too cold and they wanted to finish some work. I had nothing to do at all, all of my art work was either completed or impossible to do at the time so I started to re-draw the Tim Burton style face. I'm not going to lie, I was so proud of it. Honestly. I spent forty-five minutes just drawing this face. I was just about to start on the hair until the bell went so I had to leave for my last lesson. I was going to complete the work but when I getting my diary, pencil case, iPod and phone out of my bag I couldn't see the piece of paper that I had done the drawing on in my bag nor pocket. This pissed me off a bit. When I got home my mum said to me she got me a gift and it was on my bed and I knew she got me a sketchpad because I asked if she could get me one this morning. But, bless her, she got me a massive sketchpad which came with twelve (different shades) pencils and two rubbers. So straight away I knew that I was going to try and draw this picture again.

So whilst I was watching Where The Wild Things Are, I produced this in two hours. There are a lot of things I want to change, like the hair, the darkness around the eyes and the neck length but for a starter image and doing this from the top of my head, I think this is pretty amazing. I'm clearly the next Tim Burton.

Before I started the hair

With the hair

I honestly prefer it without the hair and eyes but yeah, still proud. 


Songs Of The Day:

  1. Threshold - Sex Bob-Omb
  2. Angels - The xx
  3. Japan - CocoRosie
  4. Violet - Hole
  5. Bodies - Sex Pistols
You don't need a reason to help people. 
  -Zidane Tribal.

No comments:

Post a Comment